SES Band 1 Leadership Development Program
The SES Band 1 Leadership Program strengthens the leadership capability of experienced senior executives across the broader APS, to effectively deliver on their key accountabilities. Band 1 executives play a critical role in setting the strategic direction of their group, building a positive and high-performing workplace culture, and making significant decisions on individual policies and course for which they are directly accountable to government.
- Think broadly and strategically to deal with complexity.
- Communicate with clarity and persuasiveness to inspire and engage others in a shared purpose and vision for a more integrated and outward looking APS.
- Experiment and take more informed risks, thinking innovatively, leveraging sound evidence and being open to challenge.
- Collaborate skilfully and engage productively with diversity.
- Demonstrate resilience and work well under pressure.
- Lead effectively through change in volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous circumstances.
SES Band 1
Craft and User Level
This program aligns with the Leadership & Management Craft at the Lead level.
Integrity, Values, Engaging stakeholders, Negotiation ,Relationships ,Representation, Change management, Strategic thinking ,Policy, Leading in the APS ,Working in teams ,Coaching ,Conflict Resolution, SES orientation
This content has been provided by the APS Academy.