Change Management Foundation
The Change Management Foundation program focuses on developing APS Change Management capability, thereby building the capacity for government to deliver well considered and well-planned change.
Participants will learn change management fundamentals that minimise the impact of change to people and organisations, and increase the effectiveness and value of the change outcomes.
This content has been provided by the Change Management Centre of Excellence within the Home Affairs Portfolio Change Stewardship Office.
- Define the change context.
- Describe change management models.
- Assess change impacts including identification, prioritisation and management of stakeholder groups and the identification and management of change risks.
- Design change management and communication approaches that meet people, strategic and operational needs.
- Understand reinforcement approaches and how these actions support the sustainment and embedding of change.
- Identify and assess approaches and requirements for pre and post change support.
- Understand the nature of cultural change, the organisation conditions required to support it and approaches to delivering cultural change.
APS 6 to SES Band 3.
This training is intended for anyone who has a keen interest in building their knowledge of Change Management. The program will benefit managers and supervisors, as well as those wanting to apply change management methodologies to supporting successful outcomes for project or business initiatives.
The Change Management Foundation program offers a six-week online delivery of change management fundamentals.
Craft and User Level
This program aligns with the Leadership and Management Craft at the Foundation level.