Coaching and Developing Others eLearning Module
This program is to enable managers to see the relevance of coaching techniques and conversations, and to utilise these to better achieve strategic outcomes for their team, agencies and the APS.
The module provides an introduction to coaching and how managers can adopt a coaching style of management to develop themselves and their team members. This e-learning module provides foundational knowledge that will be further developed through extensive practice activities in the workshop and the on- the-job phases of the program.
- Identify essential coaching skills, concepts and knowledge
- Distinguish between coaching, mentoring, counselling and performance conversations
- Outline the benefits of adopting a manager as coach approach
- Describe the impact of individual learning styles on coaching effectiveness
- Self-assess your current coaching capabilities.
APS 6 - SES Band 3
Craft and User Level
This program aligns with the Leadership & Management Craft at the Foundation level.
Communication, Leading in the APS, Working in teams, Coaching, Performance management,
This content has been provided by the APS Academy.