Producing a Quality Cabinet Submission
You will get the most current information and insights into the Cabinet system, delivered in an engaging and educational way. You will become familiar with Cabinet principles and conventions, key steps and timeframes, template requirements, and who to consult. With lots of practical activities, you will develop your drafting skills and get tips for how to write for a Cabinet audience. You will also benefit from meeting and engaging with other APS staff on these topics.
- Describe the characteristics of Cabinet government and how they influence Cabinet work.
- Summarise the key roles within Cabinet and how these assist the functioning of Cabinet.
- Explain the products of Cabinet and match with their corresponding use.
- Summarise the steps for a Cabinet submission and their corresponding timeframes.
- Summarise the linkages between APS work and the work of Cabinet.
- Outline an initial plan for the development of a Cabinet submission.
- Describe the intended audience of a Cabinet submission.
- Effectively draft submissions that comply with Cabinet submission templates.
- Explain the measures of quality as they relate to Cabinet submissions.
APS 5 - SES 3
Craft and User Level
This program aligns with the Strategy, Policy and Evaluation Craft at the Foundation level.
Project management, Policy, New policy proposals (NPPs), Parliament and government
This content has been provided by the APS Academy in partnership with Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet.