APS Essentials – Security Awareness
This course will introduce you to the key principles of security awareness and management. You will learn about your obligations to ensure you understand and apply sound security management as a public servant.
This content has been provided by the APS Academy in partnership with the Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment and the Department of Home Affairs.
- Understand what security means in the public service.
- Describe major threat groups as they relate to the security of your department and its people.
- Deepen your understanding of protective security.
- Identify our legislative obligations for information and cyber security, and ways to defend against cyber-threats.
- Define Protective Markings.
APS 1 – SES Band 3
Craft and User level
This program aligns with the Working in Government Craft at the Foundation level.
Risk management, Induction, Information and physical resources