Workforce Planning Start Up Program
The Workforce Planning Start Up Program focuses on building foundational strategic workforce planning capability across the APS. The program is delivered over four dates and focuses on the following topics:
- Setting up workforce planning and linking to business deliverables through engagement with the executive
- Linking workforce planning to business planning in an agile manner, and utilising labour market data to gather insights
- Storytelling with internal and external workforce data (focus on both quantitative and qualitative data)
- Implementation of workforce planning to drive business outcomes and deliver benefits
- Understand workforce requirements for your agency and establishing a workforce planning function.
- Understand how to conduct and apply workforce segmentation and understand the impacts of external labour market forces for workforce planning.
- Apply workforce data and insights to connect workforce capacity and capability to future business needs.
- Build accountability, develop action plans and implement them in an agile manner, and evaluate the effectiveness of implementation strategies.
APS 5 - EL 1
Craft and User Level
This program aligns with the Strategy, Policy & Evaluation Craft at the Foundation level.
Recruitment and career pathways
This content has been provided by the APS Academy.