Management in Action
This program aims to increase the confidence of managers in using formal authority to achieve business outcomes. This will be done by examining managerial responsibilities in a series of workplace simulations and role plays. Learners will be immersed in plausible scenarios to facilitate learning through practice. This allows the exploration of options and decisions without concern for real time consequences.
This content has been provided by the APS Academy.
- Plan business activities that support the strategic priorities of your entity.
- Plan, recruit and deploy your workforce.
- Manage the performance of individuals and teams.
- Develop the capabilities of individuals and teams.
- Make decisions around entitlements, placements and opportunities for employees.
- Manage a budget to achieve business outcomes.
- Exercise delegations.
- Maintain a safe and healthy workplace.
- Cultivate a professional and positive workplace culture.
APS 5 - EL 1 and APS employees who are new to management, new to management in the APS, hoping to advance to a management position or in need of a refresher.
Category and User Level
This learning experience aligns with the Leadership & Management Craft at the Practitioner level.
$2200 per attendee. Payment by credit card.
Engaging stakeholders, Negotiation, Relationships