Delivering Great Policy Package - Foundation Modules
This package delivers all four modules of Delivering Great Policy. This package defines the four core elements required for delivering great policy advice: being clear on intent; being well informed; solutions are practical to implement; and advice is influential. Participants will complete all four modules in sequence.
This content has been provided by the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet.
- Build on a practical foundation in being clear on intent.
- Discern and articulate policy's intent.
- Ensure advice is considered and relevant.
- Use outcomes focused language in a policy context.
- Identify and draw on multiple, credible sources.
- Test the credibility of an evidence base.
- Develop plan/s that are credible, flexible and of high quality.
- Select and embrace approaches that suit evaluation metrics.
- Recognise the value of approaches for engaging with implementation stakeholders.
- Develop an influence plan incorporating quality standards.
- Articulate an influence plan that is compelling by defined standards.
- Implement an influence plan to meet defined objectives.
APS 3 - APS 6 and APS employees who are new to, or considering a career in, policy development roles.
Craft and User Level
This program aligns with the Strategy, Policy & Evaluation Craft at the Foundation level.