Data Literacy - Module 1: Using data in the APS
This module provides definitions and explanations of key data terms and concepts. It also explores how the APS uses data and why data skills are so important.
- Define key terms including data, big data and data literacy.
- Explain the potential benefits of harnessing data.
- Describe how the APS collects holds and uses data.
- Explain governance requirements and ethical use of data.
- Apply the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) Data Quality Framework.
APS 1 - EL 2 and APS employees who are not data specialists.
Craft and User Level
This program aligns with the Strategy, Policy & Evaluation Craft at the Foundation level.
This content has been provided by the APS Academy.