Professional Representational Skills in the APS
This program covers the basics of representation in the workplace. Understand the protocols and etiquette of representation and develop motivation and confidence in representing your agency. Importantly, examine the handling of sensitive information and the benefits of including cultural and linguistic diversity.
- Use improved representation and communication techniques.
- Identify what the client needs, and respond to that need effectively.
- Establish key messages and communicate them clearly.
- Handle issues and objections positively and efficiently.
- Use their voice effectively in a pressured environment.
- Build rapport with clients.
- Provide solutions that give the agency and the client the best outcome.
- Protect and preserve their organisation’s reputation.
- Most of these skills will be learned through practical exercises, case studies, in groups and one-on-one. Participants can refer to the manual for the theory behind it all.
APS 4 - EL 2
Craft and User Level
This program aligns with the Engagement & Partnership Craft at the Practitioner level.
Engaging stakeholders, Relationships, Representation, Working in teams
This content has been provided by a third party in consultation with the APS Academy.