Procurement Essentials and Contract Management
Procurement and contracting activities are undertaken by a range of APS employees with differing levels of expertise. Procurement essentials and contract management is an essential core skill required by all APS employees as part of their role at some stage. This program has been designed to assist APS employees to understand the Commonwealth Resource Management Framework and demonstrate accountability and transparency in how taxpayer’s money is spent. As a result of this program, participants will be better able to plan and conduct ‘value for money’ procurements and effectively manage contracts to achieve government outcomes.
- Identify the parts of the Commonwealth Resource Management Framework that are relevant to conducting procurement.
- Identify and apply agency-specific requirements, including agency Accountable Authority Instructions (AAIs), internal control mechanisms or operational guidelines, and the particular risk framework to procurement activities.
- Assess the need for procurement and explore alternatives.
- Plan and conduct procurements that are efficient, effective, economical and ethical by adopting a value for money mindset through the positive engagement with risk.
- Successfully manage contracts to deliver goods and/or services that achieve business/strategic outcomes.
APS 3 - EL 2 and APS employees undertaking procurement and contracting activities including resource and financial management.
Craft and User Level
This program aligns with the Implementation & Services Craft at the Foundation level.
Procurement and contract management
This content has been provided by the APS Academy in partnership with the Department of Finance.