Introduction to Regulation
The program supports best practice in regulation and focuses on an officer’s ability to exercise judgement and discretion in informing defensible and systematic regulatory decisions. In addition, participants will gain the skills and knowledge to apply graduated enforcement activities within their regulatory setting and a sense of identity and commitment to the role of a regulator.
- Explain the purpose and benefits of regulation and identify the basic principles of regulatory practice.
- Explain the role of regulatory agencies and how they operate.
- Describe the range of regulated entities.
- Identify the responsibilities of regulatory practitioners.
- Identify the different types of regulatory tools.
- Describe how these tools are used to achieve regulatory compliance.
- Define the legal basis of regulation.
- Explain how legislation is put into regulatory practice.
APS 1 - SES Band 3
Craft and User Level
This program aligns with the Implementation & Services Craft at the Foundation level.
Regulation, Risk management
This content has been provided by the APS Academy.