How to Apply for Jobs in the APS - EL Levels
This program steps through the job application process at the EL1 level. Learn to write to selection criteria at the executive level and the legislative basis of merit-based selections. Consider the targeted research required to prepare a resume. Practice interview preparation and other assessment processes. Use practical exercises to write applications. Learn to prepare for selection activities and interviews.
- Describe how merit relates to selections.
- Research vacancies thoroughly.
- Sell yourself effectively in CVs/resumes, written applications and interviews.
- Identify the key elements for preparing for an interview.
- Participate in interviews with increased confidence.
- Utilise post interview feedback to improve future performance.
EL 1 - EL 2
Craft and User Level
This program aligns with the Working in Government Craft at the Foundation level.
Recruitment and career pathways
This content has been provided by the APS Academy.