Financial Management and Budgeting
This program aims to provide operational and line managers with the skills to manage day-to-day activities and outcomes within a budget.
- Identify and explain the parts of the Commonwealth Resource Management framework that are relevant for financial management and budgeting.
- Explain the parts of the Commonwealth budget process that are relevant for financial management and budgeting.
- Discuss the individual agency factors that impact the framing of the line area budget.
- Explain the principles of good financial management and budgeting.
- Plan and develop appropriate line area budgets.
- Successfully manage and monitor line area budgets.
- Explain the budget reporting requirements for agency line area managers.
EL 2 - SES Band 3
Craft and User Level
This program aligns with the Implementation & Services Craft at the Foundation level.
Financial management, Procurement and contract management
This content has been provided by the APS Academy.