Change Makers is a new Future Women program empowering all genders to champion gender equality in the workplace. It is the only program of its kind in Australia, and is endorsed by Sex Discrimination Commissioner, Kate Jenkins.
This program has been tailored specifically for alumni of the APS Academy’s SES Band 1 leadership programs who want to champion the change of gender equality within the APS.
The program is limited to 12 participants from across the APS.
Change Makers consists of four curated modules filled with practical tips and takeaways presented by subject matter experts. There program includes interactive exercises, custom video content, break-out rooms, and Q&As.
- Foundation in unconscious bias.
- Making space for women.
- Recruitment, retention, and promotion.
- Is your workplace working for carers?
This content has been provided by a third party in consultation with the APS Academy.
- Understand gender bias and how it impacts the workplace.
- Use strategies to address bias in performance review and hiring.
- Build inclusive and collaborative working environments.
- Support men and women with caring responsibilities.
Alumni of the APS Academy’s SES Band 1 leadership programs who want to champion change of gender equality within the APS.
Craft and User Level
This program aligns with the Leadership & Management Craft at the Lead level.
Leading in the APS