The Breakthrough Conversations program is designed to build on existing leadership capabilities to support SES Bands 1-3 to conduct breakthrough conversations across a range of relevant contexts.
The practical component of this program will provide you with an opportunity to practise relevant conversation skills in complex situations to achieve outcomes that are relevant to the real-life contexts experienced by APS SES.
- Identify and maintain an awareness of your own behavioural defaults, reactions and patterns.
- Scan, interpret and diagnose the context of the conversation.
- Harness the expertise of others, particularly in situations where you have limited expertise.
- Listen with curiosity and openness to others’ perspectives.
- Achieve the intended outcomes of the conversation.
- Hold those involved to account.
- Build, maintain and draw on a community of trusted peers.
SES 1 - SES 3
Craft and User Level
This program aligns with the Leadership & Management Craft at the Lead level.
Engaging stakeholders, Negotiation, Relationships, Communication, Conflict Resolution
This content has been provided by APS Academy.